Week one of this thing and today is the first day I got out of my regular Stay Home uniform (a t-shirt and yoga pants) and actually put some jewelry on and went nowhere. Even with Shelter in Place the new order of the day, it felt good to do something as simple as selecting some earrings with a bit more intention. I sat on my futon, read my book, sipped some spiced chai tea and thought about how the jewelry I put on for this moment of self-love was not for anyone but me.
I think we all have lots of emotions swirling around right now, and every day feels draining on new and different levels. I wanted to share a few things I did this first weekend at home that made me feel pretty great. If even for just a few moments each day we can pay attention to the breath, the body can rest and relax and we start to become more fully aware that everything is just one breath at a time. Maybe you’ll see a few that inspire you.
PLEASE leave your comments below with things you have been doing, feeling, creating or whatever else you want to share, because the human connection is really important right now for all of us.
P.S. We created tote bags with a few of our favorite items from some of the makers we carry at Vintage Botánica. This kit will help sooth the soul, so check them out if you are creating a sacred space for your home, or to send as a gift to someone working on the front lines of this pandemic. Stay Home Kit + Tote
1. meditate, at least 10 minutes every morning.
2. drink a coffee. the full cup. doing nothing else. ☕
3. yoga. the slower the better.
4. talked on the phone more with friends like I used to in high school.
5. make something new to eat a couple times a week. 🍲
6. more art, more reading, more learning new things. writing. 🎨
7. joined a virtual dance party and danced for a straight hour with a bunch of other women (and some kids) all of us in our own houses but sharing in the sweat together.
8. Listened to The Moth Radio while I organized my kitchen cabinets. The stories are so beautiful and funny and sad and real life…felt good to laugh and cry in the same breath!
9. put all of my dry beans and rice and lentils and split peas into glass Ball jars! 👐
10. Organize a party! Thinking of hosting a DJ dance party myself next Friday. Let me know if you’d like to attend?? I’ll send you an invitation to join.
Thanks for reading and stay in touch.
Your comments mean everything.
SHOP WITH CODE STAYHOME for 30% OFF WEBSITE UNTIL 04/30/20